A well-designed outdoor space not only adds value to your Hampton Roads home but also enhances your overall quality of life. Whether you’re looking to increase privacy, improve security, or simply define your property boundaries, a well-planned fence can be the ideal solution. The pros from Integrity Fence will walk you through everything you need to know about creating a safe outdoor space with fencing.
Choose the Right Fence Material
Selecting the right fencing material is the foundation of a safe and appealing outdoor space. Here are some popular options:
- Wood: Known for its timeless appeal, wood fences offer natural beauty and can be customized to match your style. Cedar and redwood are naturally resistant to decay and insects, making them excellent choices for longevity.
- Vinyl: Low maintenance and highly durable, vinyl fences are great for withstanding the elements without needing frequent upkeep.
- Chain Link: A cost-effective option that provides security and visibility. Chain link fences are commonly used for sports fields and as a pet enclosure.
- Metal: Wrought iron or aluminum fences offer elegance and durability. They are ideal for enhancing security while maintaining an open feel.
- Composite: Combining the best of wood and plastic, composite fences are eco-friendly and require minimal maintenance.
- Consider Fence Height and Style
The height and style of your fence will depend on your specific needs. For privacy, taller fences work best, while decorative or ornamental styles may suit your aesthetic preferences. It’s essential to check local regulations and homeowner association rules to ensure your fence complies with height restrictions and design guidelines.
Plan for Gate Access
Gate access is an essential aspect of your fencing project. Consider where you need gates for entry and exit, as well as the type of gate you want (swinging or sliding). Ensure that gates are secure, easy to operate, and properly maintained.
Understand Property Boundaries
Before installing a fence, verify your property boundaries to avoid any legal issues or disputes with neighbors. Consult your property survey or hire a professional land surveyor if necessary. Even a slight overlap onto your neighbor’s property can be a costly mistake.
Maintain Your Fence
Regular maintenance is crucial for the longevity of your fence. Depending on the material, maintenance tasks may include cleaning, staining, sealing, or painting. Inspect your fence periodically for damage, and make necessary repairs promptly.
Enhance Safety Features
To make your outdoor space as safe as possible, consider adding additional features like locks, alarms, or even landscaping to deter intruders and create a safe environment for children and pets.
Hire a Professional Installation Team
Unless you have experience with fencing installation, you need professionals on the job! Integrity Fence brings our years of experience and our commitment to delivering excellent results—and that’s a promise we stand behind with industry-leading warranties.
Our Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and Chesapeake fencing contractors help you create a safe and stylish outdoor space. Contact us today by calling 757.500.9011 to schedule a free consultation.